GOV OKOWA DEDICATES 2019 REELECTION VICTORY TO GOD, DELTANS.
…SAYS BETTER DAYS AHEAD, NEW ERA OF A STRONGER DELTA BEGINS.
By Fred Latimore Oghenesivbe Esq (EA Communications).
Reelected Governor of Delta State and Governor of the year 2018, Senator Dr Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa, has again assured the good people of the three senatorial districts in the state of his administration’s total commitment to the new vision of a Stronger Delta.
The Smart Governor in a post reelection State Broadcast noted that the success of his administration is hinged on the enormous support from Deltans and partners who strongly believe in his leadership ability and political willpower to transform the state within a reasonable period, a journey which began on May 29, 2015.
Looking back, the governor said the state has moved on from the era of stagnancy, and now in a better shape in terms of result oriented socioeconomic transformation, infrastructure and human capital development which invariably attracted numerous local, national and international Awards for him and the state in general, adding that it takes watertight synergy between government and the governed to achieve so much within a short period of three years and nine months.
He thanked the people for believing in his leadership skills and integrity built over the years and humbly dedicated his reelection landslide victory to God and the good people of Delta State.
Gov Okowa further assured that his administration shall sustain open door policy, transparency, accountability and prudent management of financial resources towards “Better Days Ahead” in a “Stronger Delta State” where jobs and wealth creation truly translates to genuine and sustainable prosperity for all Deltans.
Full text of Gov Okowa’s state broadcast below:
STATE BROADCAST BY HIS EXCELLENCY, SENATOR, DR IFEANYI OKOWA, THE GOVERNOR OF DELTA STATE, ON THE OCCASION OF HIS RE-ELECTION FOR ANOTHER FOUR-YEAR TERM
At about 12 noon on Monday, March 11, 2019, I was officially declared winner of the March 9, 2019 Governorship election in Delta State by the Independent National Electoral Commission. With over 81% of the total valid votes cast and having won in 23 out of the 25 Local Government Areas in the State, my renewed four-year mandate is as resounding as it is unprecedented in our beloved State. But most importantly, it is very humbling and comes with an even weightier responsibility.
2. First, I enjoin all Deltans to thank God for what was largely a peaceful and hitch free election except for one or two skirmishes that were quickly brought under control. Admittedly, there was palpable tension and apprehension in the days leading up to the election, instigated by the unguarded utterances of a few desperate politicians who threatened to make the election a do-or-die affair.
3. However, we put our trust in God who “frustrates the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot carry out their plans.” And to God be the glory, peace reigned during the election and the will of God prevailed.
4. Let me also commend the Independent National Electoral Commission and the law enforcement agencies for standing firm and resolute to deliver a free, fair and credible election. This is the pathway to sustainable democracy in Nigeria.
5. I dedicate this victory to you, the good people of Delta State. You are the true winners in this election. You are the true winners for standing firm and unyielding in your support of my administration. You are the true winners for refusing to succumb to threats and intimidation. You are the true winners for not allowing yourselves to be blackmailed or manipulated by lies, deceit and propaganda.
6. The mandate you have given me is very comforting, reassuring and liberating. It is a massive vote of confidence in the work we have done together in the last three years and nine months. While I may not need to catalogue our achievements here, there is no gainsaying the fact that under my leadership Delta State has witnessed huge developmental strides in road and physical infrastructure, health, education, rural-urban integration, human capital development and sports. These have been attested to by the multiple awards from various organisations in the last one year.
7. This renewed mandate is also a vote for unity. I won in all three senatorial districts with overwhelming majority, a clear indication that Deltans have recognised the oneness in us, as well as our shared values and aspirations. You voted decisively to reward excellence, hard work and performance.
8. I am a very proud Deltan today. And so should you all be. Indeed, there is more that binds us together than divides us. I trust that we shall all continue in this spirit of trust, brotherliness and mutual understanding.
9. Finally, it goes without saying that this victory is a motivation for me to do more. Much more. In due course I shall unfold our roadmap for a Stronger Delta anchored on the three pillars of prosperity, peace and progress. One thing I assure today is that we shall raise the bar of good governance even higher in my second tenure. I am resolved to leave a legacy of a Delta State that will be the pacesetter in the federation.
10. I solicit your cooperation to make this a reality. Elections come and go but our State remains, and belongs to all of us. By divine guidance, we are building a State where equity, justice, peace and progress reign supreme; a State that we can all be proud of.
11. It is, therefore, time we reconcile, forget the things of the past, and contribute our individual quota to the development of the State, irrespective of our political inclinations. I urge us all to strive to strengthen the ties that bind us together as we eagerly look forward to a Stronger Delta. Expect better days ahead.
12. Thank you for your time and attention.
13. God bless Delta State.